UPDATE: Total Number of Kidnapped People now 303 After Catholic School Attack, as Management declare 88 more students misssing
The Catholic Diocese of Kontagora has reported that an additional 88 students have been declared missing following Friday’s attack on St. Mary’s Secondary School in Papiri, Agwara Local Government Area of Niger State.
In a statement issued on Saturday, November 22, the Bishop of Kontagora Diocese, Most Rev. Bulus Dauwa Yohanna, said the total number of missing students has risen to 303. The Bishop had earlier confirmed that 215 students were unaccounted for, while four female and eight male teachers were abducted during the raid.
He explained that the school has a population of 430 pupils in the primary section and 199 students in the secondary section.
In a statement issued on Saturday, November 22, the Bishop of Kontagora Diocese, Most Rev. Bulus Dauwa Yohanna, said the total number of missing students has risen to 303. The Bishop had earlier confirmed that 215 students were unaccounted for, while four female and eight male teachers were abducted during the raid.
He explained that the school has a population of 430 pupils in the primary section and 199 students in the secondary section.
Most Rev. Yohanna also refuted claims by the Secretary to the State Government that authorities had issued prior warnings, insisting that neither the government nor security agencies alerted the school before the attack. He said:
We have asked the Education Secretary if he received a circular he said no; or if he was asked to send any to us, he said no. We asked if he was verbally informed, he also said no. Let them tell the world who they gave the circular to, or through what channel did they send it.We also asked the National Association of Private Schools, they did not get any such circular. They claimed the school was shutdown and reopened few days ago, that is also not true, we are law abiding”, he said through his aide, Daniel Atori
Share this story
Comments
Post a Comment